Crimson Color blending question

KNeland

In Crimson3 I have created images of tanks that we heat and cool. I usually represent heating the tank with a colored area behind and around the tank symbol. Works good. However I wanted to see if there is a way to use the "blended" color attribute to make the colored primitive pulse or basically modulate back and forth between two colors (think pulsing between orange and red).

With the "blended" attribute I choose a numerical tag for a reference and have one color at the min. value and the other color at the max. value. I have experimented and see that the color modulates between the colors nicely, and wonder how to set some kind of static setting for modulating the related reference value up and down quickly enough to make the change in color noticeable.

Kyle

By the way....I have to give a shout out to the Red Lion Technical folks.....Best customer service hands down! Thanks again ....and again....and again.....(I bet they roll their eyes when they see me post again.....and again....hehe)

Last edited:
Have a look at getupdowndata in the reference. You could use a smaller value for the limit like 30 to get speed