Changing the color of a symbol in Crimson 3.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
When selecting an image from the Symbol Library in Crimson 3, you are offered a set of pre-colored symbols, but I cannot find a way to define my own colors, as in Crimson 2.
Any ideas?

Thank you!

Hi all,
When selecting an image from the Symbol Library in Crimson 3, you are offered a set of pre-colored symbols, but I cannot find a way to define my own colors, as in Crimson 2.
Any ideas?

Thank you!
When properties window for the image pops up, double click on the image, you'll be able to select a custom color.

When properties window for the image pops up, double click on the image, you'll be able to select a custom color.
Are you sure? If I double click on the image, the "Adjust Image" window appears, and there's no way to select colors on there.

Are you sure? If I double click on the image, the "Adjust Image" window appears, and there's no way to select colors on there.
Elcan, I apologize for the false info.
Not sure why I thought you canplay with the color properties, must have been confused at the time.
I checked and you are right, no such adjustment exists.

bkottaras, no problem buddy!
Anyways, this is a feature that was available in Crimson 2, and I would like to have it retrieved back to Crimson 3.
I've been working on a project for a couple of weeks using Crimson 3 for the first time, and every day I like Crimson 3 more! (In spite of some details like this one).

Yeah, you're right. That's missing from C3. A work-around (if the symbol exists in the old Symbol Factory) would be to use C2 to put the image on the clipboard and then paste it into C3.

A work-around (if the symbol exists in the old Symbol Factory) would be to use C2 to put the image on the clipboard and then paste it into C3.
That's what I've been doing, but I am not enjoying it!:(
Hey Mike, any news about the import dialog box?

Someone is on it. There's a new build coming early next week, but I'm not sure it will make that one. Re the symbol factory thing, I'll have a think about the best way to handle it.

I really appreciate your efforts, Mike. I'm impressed with the tech support and with the things you can do with the software.
The issue with the symbol factory is not a big deal. I'm just in need of brighter colors to assign to motors/valves when they are active (green) or when there's an alarm (red). The available colors are not bright enough, in my opinion.

The idea was and is for the colors offered for symbols and primitives to follow the custom colors used in the database. We've just not made that link work yet.

I didn't even know that 3.0 has been released. I am working on my first G series project on a G310. I see on Red Lions website that the 310 isn't supported with C3.0 yet. Any idea when the 310 will be supported?

I show the G310C2 and G310R2 in the list when I create a new app with the latest release. I think there is still some info on the Red Lion webiste which does not reflect the latest C3 releases.

C3 supports the newer V2 G310s, but no the older ones. There are no plans to support the older units. I am not 100% sure from here what the timing of the transition is, but if you need more info, customer service will be able to help.