Ladder Logic PLC Help: Reusing Timers

derekm280

Hi everyone. Long story short, we are using ladder logic to run an SFC. Due to the nature of an SFC we need about as many timers as we do states in the SFC. Our PLC (idec microsmart) only has 32 timers so I am trying to figure out how to reuse timers within the ladder logic so that we can have more states.

You cannot simply write them (timers) in again so I found I needed to make an additional rung that can be called when I need a specific timer in the SFC.

So problem is, the scans happen so fast that the timer isnt able to reset and start counting again if two adjacent states use the same timer. (it will make more sense when you see the ladder logic)

Anyways, Ive been trying to figure out a way to make this work and have been unsuccessful. Any help would be much appreciated!

By the way, we are using the newest version of winladder.

Thanks
Derek

Welcome to the forum!
Please print the file to a .pdf file for others without the software to see. Also, please advise version number of winladder software.