micrologix 1200 scaling

quebmaint

Hi everyone Im in a pinch so if any one could help please do so. Im using a micrologix 1200 im trying to control 2 simple dc drives with an external 0-10 volt pot feed. Im wiring the pot feed into the analog card and trying to reduce the max speed into the drive so that my other analog output can be used as a gain. I want to turn them both on and run the same speed and increase the second drive a little more with another pot. I know how to scale the inputs but im not sure how to work with the scaled info to output a new scaled signal to the drive. thanks

Queb,

You need to take your scaled input info and scale it again to match the digital range value of your 0-10 VDC Output module. Here is an example for scaling a 0-to-10 volts output for Output O:9.3 (which has a digital value range of 0-32764). N10:29 is the scaled input, in this case coming from a PID instruction.

Scaling Example for 0-10 Volts Output.jpg

Last edited: