Where is this integer coming from?

showshocka

Hi. I'm trying to figure out where this integer CMP N7:50 = 15 is coming from. The project picture posted here is for a palletizer. The palletizer gets it's stack and pattern commands loaded from a DTAM unit. I can not find any reference to this integer in the Dtam's projectwhere is CMP highlighted coming from.jpg.

Last edited:
Without seeing the rest of the code, it's impossible to say. Did you do a cross reference on it? Is the value ONLY being set by the DTAM?

Yes, what Steve asked. You have an Expression in the CMP instrtuciton for "N7:50 = 15". That means that the programmer expected the value of N7:50 to be set to 15 at some time, or at least that is is possible that N7:50 could at some time in the next 100 years get set to 15. The real question is "where is the logic that controls N7:50, and is there ever a case when it could be 15"? From looking at the other rungs, it appears that N7:50 may be the Positon or Index for your DTAM, so then its value will range from 0 to the Maximum Number of Steps. It may be that some steps were not used, skipped, or jumped around.

Last edited:
Probably from a communications instruction that writes an array of Integers from some external source.

Probably has a subroutine somewhere that runs the comms.

Right Click "Find ALL" might not actually find it if it is in an array and not the first one.

N7:50

Hi folks,

If I get him right, he is wondering why is the OTE B3:13/7 is ON while in the data table the value of N7:50 equals to 1, while the logic is saying the OTE should only be set if N7:50 equals to 15

Cheers
Hagos

The project picture posted here is for a palletizer. The palletizer gets it's stack and pattern commands loaded from a DTAM unit. I can not find any reference to this integer in the Dtam's.
Looking at the Allen Bradley Data Table Access Module User Manual, on Page 49, it says (if the jumper on the DTAM is in the default "Modify" mode), then:
You may also use the numeric keys to enter or change a value at a displayed address.
That means that an operator could first select an address in the connected PLC, such as N7:50, then enter any valid number into that address, say Pattern Numbers 1 to 99 for example. It seems likely that the DTAM is or was at one time used to change the value of N7:50.

Last edited:
Hi folks,

If I get him right, he is wondering why is the OTE B3:13/7 is ON while in the data table the value of N7:50 equals to 1, while the logic is saying the OTE should only be set if N7:50 equals to 15

Cheers
Hagos

Since he is currently OFFLINE in the project, I wouldn't trust all current bit status and data table files to reflect the logic accurately.

Since he is currently OFFLINE in the project, I wouldn't trust all current bit status and data table files to reflect the logic accurately.
I agree, the PLC data may not reflect current values. But being offline will not change the source of the value in N7:50. Wherever that number comes from, it will still come from the same place once the program is restarted. I think the value of N7:50 is being set (or can be set) by the external DTAM module Modify function.