Sms on the cheap?

RTEC_PAC

I'm looking for a 'black box' type product that would be connected to a LAN and send a predetermined SMS, text or E-mail when a contact closure on the input side of the product is made.
Back in the day, you could buy a 'Autodialer'. You would connect a relay contact to one side, and a phone line to the other, and it would dial a phone number and play a recorded message when the relay was energized. I'm looking for an up-to-date version of this.
I know there are some PLCs that will do this, and I'm not against using one, but I'm trying to keep the price low.

I'm looking forward to your responses! Thanks to all!

Similar Topics

Has anyone done SMS messaging from an Omron CJ2J-CPU31 PLC? If so could you help please. Omron here in Oz have not had any experience doing this...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking guidance on configuring my Rockwell Allen-Bradley PLC logic to enable SMS sending through my Secomea module. While I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, Was wondering if anyone has ever set up to SMS from a Micro850 using a Teltonika RUT955? I can get the device to SMS from HTTP, SSH and...
Replies
Views
Anyone have a favorite SMS Relay? Also, which cell provider offers a SIM card that doesn't mind a non cell phone device? Want my machines to txt...
Replies
Views
Well, carriers (Verizon specifically) are starting to blacklist email to sms messages. Of course, if you pay Verizon $100/mo they will white list...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom