Wonderware Intouch automatically assign tagname

wbf4imma

Hi guys and thank you for this great forum!

I am new to PLC and industry automation and actually working on
wonderware Archestra IDE and Intouch. What I did until now is:

-Using Dassidirect and configuring communication between S7 300 and Archestra using suitelink. I imported tags created and exported with SMC
- Created some custom objects with archestra

I am able to assign tags and its working so far.
I created an object, lets call it motor_control. This objects contains several tags and values which i assigned manually using suitelink.
What I would like to do is an automatic assignment of tags.

I will make an example for better understanding:

Let say object motor_control is composed by tag A_DB1 , B_DB1 and C_DB1.
I am searching for an automatism to assign B_DB1 and C_DB1 automatically after assigning manually A_DB1.

Is it possible and if, how?
Thank you very much, i appreciate your help!
Best regards

S7 Tag Creator

Hi,

On the Device Integration Disk you can find a 'S7 Tag Creator' tool.
This works very nice for importing DB's and Symbols.

If you have a variable DB1.DBX0.0,
DB1 = "Motordata"
DBX0.0 = "Start"
Then S7 Tag creator will make something like: DB1_Motordata_Start

Even structs are recognized pretty well in the Tag Creator.

The tagconnection is not done in the SMC in my projects. I only make a topic in the SMC for setting an aquisition timing. But the adresses are automatically red from all the imported DB's and Symbols, Intouch looks directly on the adresses this way.

Kind regards,
Gerry

Need really your help!
Thanks

Hi and thanks for your reply!

If I understood well, what you explained to me is how to create automatically tags.

My issue is about how to assign them.

I would like to understand if there is, within intouch or archestra IDE, a way to have a graphic template with several tags. What i want to do is changing all tags after changing only one within the graphic. I will use archestra ide, but this logic, if exists, should work also with intouch without archestra.

The tags needed i just created in smc and imported to archestra suitelink....

So i need a logic/script for tagname assignment.

Thank you so much!