Ctrio

Waldg

Can someone help me i am trying to set up a ctrio module on a dl 06 when I go into the workbench I get a "error reading shared ram" message. Everything I checked so far seems ok.

I assume you've already done what the FAQ suggests?

"Error reading Shared RAM!"
This means that the CTRIO cannot read/write to the PLC across the backplane. This is commonly caused by one of the following:

- You are trying to connect to a CTRIO via DCM, ECOM or serial connection and you have selected DirectNET protocol. You must use K-sequence protocol. Or for the ECOM you can also use ECOM protocol (recommended).
- You are trying to connect to a CTRIO that is installed in a PLC rack whose CPU has a password and it has not been unlocked by DirectSOFT. To fix you must connect with DirectSOFT and enter the password.
- Try reseating the CTRIO or trying a different slot.
- The slot, backplane, CPU or CTRIO is defective. Replace.

🍻

-Eric