Automation Direct H2-ctrio

Johnny Rotten

Have an automation direct dl-260 cpu, and the above counting card. Have taken the signal from an existing encoder (1000 ppr) with only one signal output that is going to an existing counter (a black box from ctc). Once scaled, my count matches the existing counter exactly over thousands of feet of product. This is very important.

Now, I have to introduce a batch length, and have my counter reset at the end of each batch length and still match the existing counter, and it does not. It takes a long time for it to go out witch I'm going to verify today. If I use a hardwire reset the H2-ctrio will miss counts will it is being reset - won't work, so I'm using a software reset within the programme. Tried using a special purpose relay such that when the count from the h2-ctrio is equal to the batch count, energize reset bit, this did not work always because during the counting is faster than the cpu scan and if the cpu missed the equal moment in time - it missed it completely, so added special purpose relay such that if the count from the h2-ctrio is equal to or greater than, energize reset bit. The issue is my h2-ctrio is counting pulses beyond the batch count during the cpu scan, and it takes about from what I just heard 30 minutes for it to go out of synch.

Going to work on this issue today, and have a few ideas already, but open to any suggestions from anyone.

As always, thanks.

John

Well, I have a love/hate relationships with these counters. As they do a lot by themselves they are handy, and I've used them in lower speed applications with great success. Now I'm counting at about 2000 pulses per second and converting it to feet. The cpu (d2-260) can read and write to these modules, and I can only imagine if one was counting at a higher speed, and there was a reset instruction in the cpu programme and the cpu scan just passed that instruction when the count was lower, and the card counted up a bunch of pulses before the cpu returned to the compare instruction to reset it, and meanwhile it did not count accurately at all. I'm missing something, bunch of other stuff broke down today, so will carry on tomorrow. Have used the creeping inaccurate count to my advantage, when it marks the next product, I have a registration adjustment from the touchscreen to put it back. But something is wrong lol.