Yaskawa motion works

peelseeds

does anyone know the difference between MotionWorks IEC Express and MotionWorks IEC Pro ?

I'm currently downloading both right now, but would like to know the differences.

also would anyone know if the DEMO versions are full versions for the first 30 days? or is this a license I will need to obtain for this job

Thank you

1. MotionWorks IEC Express is a simplified version of Pro, with a very limited number of supported functions.

2. The demo should be fully functional for 30 days but you would have to contact Yaskawa for the serial number to enable it.

3. Are you sure you need MotionWorks IEC and not just MotionWorks? What is the PLC model you are working with?

I've just been told I need Motion Works Plus
the servo is directly connected to an HMI. I've been supplied with the servo program, but I'm trying to find the correct software to look at it.

I've searched Yaskawa's site, and ended up here:
http://www.yaskawa.com/site/dmcontrol.nsf/Productline.html!ReadForm&Start=1&Count=1000&Expand=29

this is the category for motion works PLUS software. after expanding I noticed there is only SW for CamTool and a motion plus upgrade file.

I've downloaded and install CamTool and discovered this isn't what I want. I've tried to install the motion plus upgrade file, but it requires a full version first obviously.

confirmed: there is no Demo software for MotionWorks Plus. will need to get from customer or distributor.

Thanks

Last edited:
To answer the original question, the biggest differences are that Pro is multitasking, and SFC is available. If you are not using an IEC controller, then neither software will work. What controller/drive do you have?

Resurrecting an old post here as this is now my project and have to decide between Pro or Express. My PLC is MP3300IEC (PMC-U-MP33004).

" the biggest differences are that Pro is multitasking, and SFC is available"

This is still a true statement. I always recommend Pro, unless you know exactly what your application(not which controller) needs to do and Express is sufficient.

I would also recommend Pro, it used to list for $995 (electronic static, not the USB portable license), I always recommended it to our customers as it wasn't much more than Express, but you had access to everything available on the MPiec controllers. Express I personally have used (begrudgingly) for perhaps a single axis motion control application.

What sort of application is this for your MP3300 (yours is the Standard CPU, 4 Axis licensed version), You could be doing up to 4 axes of motion.

If you do decide on Pro, they have two options, Electronic or Floating (USB)
PDE-U-IE3PE (electronic license)
PDE-U-IE3PH (Floating)

I'm not sure Yaskawa is offering Express anymore (the don't exactly feature it in the Brochure).

Kind Regards,
Patrick