s7-300 communication problem

md.abdullah

hello dear experts
i have problem in the communication of the s7-300 cpu
i am using usb mpi cable.i just want to upload pg station but failed to communicate.please tell netpro setting.
As i choose to display the access node then there is not not any access node .
how can i make sure any node while mpi all LEDS are green.
also i have cpu of order number 313-5bf03-0ab0,what is software revision for this type of cpu.

The only thing I can think of, is that you should use standard settings for PC Adapter USB. That means baudrate=187.5k, and node=0.

Your PC Adapter USB works with other CPUs ?

thank u for replying
but i am still in trouble
its not displaying any accessible node
i just want to know how can i get to disply a node
please help me

friend pc adapter part is
6Es79720cb200xa0
i have tried hard today but did not get any accesible node
can any one help me the setting for this?

The way i work around this is to set in the PC/PG menu the commmunication speed for mpi and try to upload plc hardware in step 7
it open a screen that permit to browse and see node adress...
If not working, i try it again with a different speed
start with 187k it usualy work first..

You may also be running a special bloc in the cpu that use the local port for another protocol that prenvent you connecting to it ? Is the port was connected to something like an HMI ? you could find HMI setting and put the same in your laptop PC/PG

Try setting PG/PC interface to both MPI and AUTO.

I've found in the past that sometimes MPI doesn't work but AUTO does?? (and vica versa??)

Worth a shot... ;-)

PS. Also try reinstalling the drivers for your USB adaptor and/or try a different USB port.

You can check in Devices/System to see that the USB adaptor is showing up under USB devices.