5/250 address corruption

sparky64

We have a 5/250, and when we create a new data file or extend an existing data file, the plc program becomes corrupted, in that address within the code change.

We then have to download in order to get the line running again.
Has anyone seen this before?

Sorry i haven't supplied a lot of information.

Regards
Sparky

Are you creating the data files while online?

If so try creating them offline and download to plc.

I am not aware of a way to create them online.

HI Mike

We go online, and then select the program mode option, then create/extend the file, and then we go from program mode to run mode, and this is where the files are being corrupted.

It takes approx 4 hrs to download to the 5/250 due to the ammount of data files for all of the traceability...4500 integer files X 250 words per file, so the download option isn't really an option, unless we have major problems.

Cheers
Sparky