Recommended Software for easily changing IP address of Laptop

Helliana

Does anyone use any software to easily change the IP address of your computer depending on what machines you are working. For example, you can go from an isolated control LAN's ip range then back to DHCP for your corporate network with a simple click of something when you get back to your office.

I know there is a lot of software around that can do this, just wondering what people on the forum use/recommend.

I just have a shortcut (on desktop) to my tcp/ip settings and when I need to change my ip to static I can easily. (or try finding an IP address that is generally free on the DHCP network and have your static IP be that, you can run into IP conflicts though.)

We use Free IP switcher a ton. but we have lots of separate networks to switch between. Haven't really had any complaints about it either.

Batch file to change to static:
Code:
netsh int ip set address "local area connection" static 192.168.1.99 255.255.255.0
Batch file to change to DHCP:
Code:
netsh int ip set address "local area connection" DHCP
LOL, Bernies link is the exact place I got this earlier today!

Last edited: