PFlex 20CommC issues

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone seen this before?

We are on a job site commissioning new equipment to replace old. CNET everywhere for I/O racks including 3 PFlex70 VFDs. Configure VFDs on CNET as nodes 6,7,8 using rotary address switches on CommC modules. Schedule drives and there are issues with nodes 7 & 8. Upon further investigation begin to suspect cable from CommC module to VFD chassis may have been damaged due to ackward angle cable must follow to mate with VFD chassis and CommC module.

Long story short, turns out that the CommC module for node 8 had a slightly offset cover plate. With rotary switch at the 8 position, actual position was 7.

Lack of QC at some factory cost us hours in lost commissioning time.

Lack of QC at some factory cost us hours in lost commissioning time.

Hmmm... I wonder if that part's covered under the warranty. Let me check...

From http://www.rockwellautomation.com/important_notices/termsofsale.html:

"TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SELLER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE, MATERIALS, ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, DATA, CONTRACT, GOODWILL OR THE LIKE (WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT IN NATURE) OR FOR ANY OTHER FORM OF INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND."

Apparently not... :rolleyes:

And since writing in all caps is considered shouting, they really mean it!... :ROFLMAO:

🍻

-Eric

Ouch, that stings. Glad you got it sorted out.

The rotary switches on the E3+ overload relay have given me trouble like that; it's easy to accidentally get them one tick off, or in between contacts.

I got a tiny plastic-handled "tweaker" screwdriver and set them by putting the pointer at top-dead-center then closing my eyes and counting the clicks. Zero problems since then.