Direct Logic instruction help

pharma1

P
I am currently working on a problem with DL205 PLC. I have a rung that has the following instructions.

V2011 (not equal to instruction) K81.

I found the value that is input into the V2011. How do I find what value is input into the K81.

This is my first experience with this software so please be gentle.

Thanks.

I see. So anytime the value in V2011 is not equal to K81, the instruction will be true. Correct?

yes, you can also use a variable (v memory) in place of the k in your compare instructions

Pharma,
Think of a mnemonic, such as "Kxx" = Konstant Value xx. Actually the German word for constant is konstant, meaning continuous or consistently.

So anytime the value in V2011 is not equal to K81, the instruction will be true. Correct?
Technically, the comparison is only comparing the value in V2011 with the value "81", not "K81".

Last edited:
Thanks. This program is in a machine that we are having a problem with. This is my first time using this software so I'm trying to learn it as we trouble shoot.