Prioritizing 3 valves

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have three valves V1 V2 & V3, they want the ability for the operator to select what valve operates 1st 2nd & 3rd, Using rslogix5000 & a PV+ I'm soliciting suggestions on how to implement this.

I was thinking three PB's for each valve where the operator would select priority 1,2 or 3, once a priory for a valve was selected i would blank out that option for the other valves? The valve priority would be moved to a register for use in the program later.o_O

I was thinking three PB's for each valve where the operator would select priority 1,2 or 3, once a priory for a valve was selected i would blank out that option for the other valves?
I think this would make the most sense to the operator. Probably should add an 'accept' and 'cancel' button so they can change their mind partway through.

🍻

-Eric

I have three valves V1 V2 & V3, they want the ability for the operator to select what valve operates 1st 2nd & 3rd, Using rslogix5000 & a PV+ I'm soliciting suggestions on how to implement this.

I was thinking three PB's for each valve where the operator would select priority 1,2 or 3, once a priory for a valve was selected i would blank out that option for the other valves? The valve priority would be moved to a register for use in the program later.o_O

Hi,
I don’t know whether this will help . I have done a similar program.
In RS5000 I used counter and in Panel view I used momentary push buttons and numeric displays.
For example three momentary push buttons V1,V2 AND V3
When V1 is pressed counter value will be incremented to 1 and corresponding value will be displayed in the numeric display .
And I used visibility in FT view studio when V1 is pressed once it will hide and similarly other pushbutton when pressed once will hide and corresponding value will be displayed in numeric display .
I also included one reset button if incase the operator wants to change the priority.
Sorry if I am not clear enough.