PLC 5 enet passthru to DH+ nodes

controlconcepts

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have not done a lot of Ethernet communications with RSlinx. So I was wondering if it is possible to reach other nodes on a DH+ network thru the Ethernet comms in RSlinx.

processor 40/b enhanced Rev E.2
e-net side car 1785-ENET/B Rev H01

rslinx v 3.57.00.14

Again thanks in advance
Matt

Thank you for the Quick response!! I figured not. But after searching and finding nothing. Figured it never hurts to ask..

Thanks Again
Matt

It's possible, but only with a Controllogix chassis, ethernet card, and a DH+ card. At a previous plant i worked at, we had a small 4 slot chassis with a 1756-ENBT and a couple 1756-DHRIO. This allowed us to access our old PLC5s and SLC5/04's from anywhere in the plant.

A ContolLogix Gateway with just an ENBT or EN2T with a DHRIO will let you communicate to the PLCs via Ethernet. I don't recall offhand if there are any limitations.

We have a logix gateway and do have messaging between SLC 5/05s through the gateway to some 5/04s. It also allows access for programming and data collection.
I would expect that if messaging between the SLCs works across the gateway, that it can also be done with a PLC-5.

There is a configuration file for the DHRIO card with routing information to make it possible.