RS Logix - Security

Is it possible to lock and/or seal (e.g. same as AOI),
- subroutine
- Task

How do I do it and do i need any "extra software" except RS logix 5k?

Regards,
/Mats

You can make your own AOI. As far as I know you only need rs logix 5k. There are a few threads on how to make AOI. While it wont "lock" a routine or task it makes it harder to change for someone who doesn't know how and doesn't want to mess with an instruction.

Source protection is the way to go. We use it where I work and while you can see (using the software) that there is another routine, you are not able to run the logic unless the source key is properly installed on your computer.

Similar Topics

Happy new year all I have several PLC’s that I need to pass data between, but don’t want anyone to be able to reach another PLC with programming...
Replies
Views
Downloaded RS Logix 500 , now cannot open Rockwell Software"Error Logging Security" I have RS Logix 5000 and Factory Talk View Studio , and it...
Replies
Views
Hello have any of you had this issue before? If so how did you fix it? Thank you!
Replies
Views
Similiar to this thread: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=91329 But I'm running 20.04 and had no issues till today. I'm going...
Replies
Views
Two PLC's: Micrologix 1400 and Compact Logix L35. I was given .DAT files for each controller which i assumed was to unlock source protection on...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom