remote input output in siemens plc

raj87

Could any one explain me how remote inputs and outputs operate in Siemens PLC S7300 I have to prepare BOM for this set up
can any one tell what all materials i need to order for

Can you provide more information as there are many different options.

list out the following:

Number of remote stations,
Number of inputs and outputs at each station.
Type of I/o,
Distance from main PLC,

remote plcs in siemens

Siemens PLC will be used
number of remote stations - 8
Only remote inputs will be used - each station will have 20 inputs
Type of I/o - inputs will be from proxy and photo sensors
Distance from main PLC around 10 meters

Master PLC will have 3 input modules and 3 out put modules i have to operate the remote i/o s using the master plc

only one remote station will be operating with the master PLC at a time all remote i/o s are not interlinked
thanks in advance

...Only remote inputs will be used - each station will have 20 inputs
Master PLC will have 3 input modules and 3 out put modules i have to operate the remote i/o s using the master plc

First of all: if only remote I/O is used, why does the master PLC need I/O modules?

Secondly: how will you be connecting the remote I/O to the master PLC? This information is essential to make the choice of modules AND to explain how remote IO works in Siemens (and other) PLCs.

Thirdly: how far will the remote IO modules be set up from the master PLC? This can limits the possible answers on previous question.

In other words: you provide far not enough info to give you a reliable answer.

remote plcs in siemens

reply to first point
1.the machine is in such a way that it has common input and outputs for all the other 8 fixtures so the master is having input and output modules in common.
the special i/o s which are related to separate fixture are connected through remote i/o s

2.Remote i/o s are connected to the master plc using profibus
(ET 200s)

3.maximum of 10Mtrs