PLC5 encoder card addressing

alebdun2000

Hi ,
We have PLC 5 and encoder cards in first three slots.since I used to work only with SLC500 and 5000 there was easy concerning addressing and using encoder value in program, encoder card only as input and output for devises from normal output cars but here on PLC5 encoder card has its own outputs and I can't find them in program . Any rules how to refer terminal on output of a card with N file ? Thank you guys for help

Welcome to the Forum !

PLC-5 specialty cards use Block Transfer instructions (BTR and BTW) to read and write data to and from Integer data files in the controller.

If this is an existing system, you need to look for those instructions that are addressed to the Rack/Group/Slot location of those modules.

The 1771-VHSC was the most common "encoder" module for the PLC-5 but there are others. Determine the type of card you have, and you can get the User Manual from the RA server at http://literature.rockwellautomation.com.