OT Translate english to Italian

Here is an Italian PLC forum that is actually very good that I've used to help with some technical translations. Ask your question in the section in English and Italian.
http://plc.********.it/

Long time ago a friend of mine went to Italy on business and was working with a local electrician doing some wiring. Somehow they were managing to understand each other but at one point my friend needed a heat gun to shrink some tubing. The Italian guy could not understand 'heat gun' so my friend, scrambling a few Spanish words he had heard, uttered something like 'La caliente pistola?'

It worked.

George, the correct Italian technical translation of "slip ring" is "Collettore Rotante"; it is also commonly called "giunto rotante" or "contatto strisciante".

Hope this helps...

- fuzzy logic
(from Italy)
🍻