New To Siemens Step7 V5.5

Disciple

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have all the Manuals for Step7 V5.5 & I read Daily. My OCD,(Hard to Continue Reading if I Don't Find Out Soon!), has 1 Quick Question. How would I Change a TON Timer Preset,(Actual) Value in the Offline Program and then Download? I access the PLC over a Wireless Network, so MPI Cable is not necessary. Thanx :sick:

Do I change it in the Variable Declarations Table for the FB, or the Instance Data Block Assigned to said FB? Or am I Totally Off?

I just read in the Programming w/ Step7 Manual "Editing Data is only Possible in the Data View of Data Blocks". I think I answered one of my Questions!

According to the Manual, Opening the Instance DB , Editing the the Instance DB Value, then selecting the "Menu" Command>Download Parameter Setting Data, Then, "Menu" Command Debug>Monitor to display the program Status for the Opened DB & then Monitor the Loaded Actual Values Online is the Ticket. All FeedBack is Appreciated.

Not sure if you use the IEC format timers, then this does not apply.
S5#1s200ms will give you 1 second and 200 mseconds.
The format is what you have to follow for the old type Simatic timers.
S5#1s750ms will give you 1 second 750 mseconds.
Double click on the existing preset, enter the new value hit "enter" and save the block.
If there's any errors you'll get an error message and the actual error text will become red to indicate wrong type of data, format eror, etc.
When done, download the block with the change to the PLC.
If this is the only change/block you ned to make, you are done by downloading the single block.
Hope this helps.

The method for changing the timer preset will depend on how the original programmer coded the call to SFB4 (TON).
Here's one example where the timer preset is hard coded in the call to TON. To change the preset in this example you will have to edit the OB/FC/FB, save and then download the updated block. You need to post a screen shot showing the call to your TON if it is not as this example.

yon.JPG