moeller easy

najnielkp

hello all,i am using a moeller easy to control a 110v psc motor to reverse its direction. it drives a lead screwthat has 2 limit switches.startup would be with input 1 switching Q1 Q2 . INPUT 2 for e stop. INPUT 3 e stop door open.these would reset Q1 Q2.
INPUT 4 from limit switch to reset Q2 and set Q3 for reversing motor.
INPUT 5 to stop reveral of motor and reset all come to start point.
this works well except that now when start up there is input from INPUT 5 resetting all . i need to have the motor go forward a little bit to reset the limit switch. can anyone help?
i am new to plc so need a simple explanation

Which model Easy are you using? The 800 series has a 'cycle pulse' capability so you could set it up as a one-shot off your I5 to reset
Q3. I programmed a 412 a few months ago, it has an 'impulse-coil' function, but I'm not sure if it'll do what you need. I wish I had the software here to look.. But if you go into the help file you should find fairly easily. It took about 30 minutes to figure that little guy out. They are pretty user friendly. Are you using the software or the keypad to program it?

You will have to try the "Impulse" option with the 412. Just read the HELP file carefully. Those things are REALLY simple to program. You should be able to figure it out no problem. I used one to automate a 'night bell switch' for a phone system. They have a real time clock you can use as a 7-day timer is what drew me to them, and were $50.00 cheaper than the 7-day timers I was looking at.

As for the E-stop thing.. I'm glad you went there Mike, I 'tactfully' avoided that. :D E-Stops are a sore subject. I just spent about 14 hours tracing an (undocumented I might add) e-stop circuit. There were 4 PILZ E-stop relays some mounted in cabinets, some in JB's, and hell one even mounted to the inside of the frame of the machine not even IN A BOX! Some of the things I've seen lately in different places are definitely worthy of a 'Beyond Belief, Fact or Fiction' segment! My new most-used phrase has become "I don't know very much, but even I know better than that!"

Last edited: