Schneider OPC Factory Server Validation Errors

Saffa

A question for the Schneider buffs out there,

We recently upgraded our spare Premium series PLC (P57 4634M) to the latest firmware, 2.90. The previous configuration was a 2.40 processor with Unity Pro V4.0

After re-building the application in Unity 6.0 and uploading the application to the processor, everything seemed to be functioning correctly until I tried to set up OPC Factory Server (Version 3.35). I exported the XVM file from Unity Pro as per normal and re-started OFS.

We have about 2200 items being read from the OFS by Intouch via FSGateway. About 290 of those items have come up with an "Item Validation" error when looking in the OFS Diagnostic window.

From what I can see, it's only items which have been located in Unity Pro, i.e. have a specified memory address like %MW1700.1

I changed a couple of items to be unlocated, i.e. no specified memory address and presto, the items work in OFS.

However I can't do that for all of them, as some are pointed at memory being read from Remote I/O and I don't want to have modify the program to copy 290 items to other unlocated variables just so I can stick them into the HMI!

As mentioned, this exact program worked perfectly in the older processor / OFS setup. We exported an XEF file and re-built from scratch rather than transferring the STA file which was compiled with Unity V4.0

It seems to me that OFS isn't parsing the configuration file correctly (or it's not correctly generated in Unity), as opposed to an error with the PLC program. The same problem appears when running OFS in simulation mode.

Has anyone else come across this issue? I'm about to go on leave for a week so thought I'd leave it posted here for a bit before battling it out with Schneider's technical support when I get back.

Thanks guys,

Steve