Schneider Electric Twido/M340 OPC Server

dwpang

Hi, i am using Twido PLC controller TWDLMDA20DRT with extension modules or sometimes modicon M340 for research and projects.

I know that for controlling and monitoring purposes i can use a HMI such as HMIGTO4310 for these purposes but it would require building panels to house the HMI. Which i do not want.

If i can use a pc or server it would be much better. Any OPC servers available for the twido or M340 as mentioned?
Simple PC server and monitor for presentation.

For twido i know i have to use a RS485 cable and for M340 i can use ethernet cable. Any recommendations or suggestions, e.g. pros and cons?

Thanks.

Twido and M340 have Modbus, CANOpen and Modbus TCP/IP options, and both can be RS485, RS232 and Ethernet. So you can use any OPC or SCADA with support for Modbus, Modbus TCP/IP and CANOpen. Google litle bit and you will find free SCADAs and OPCs for small projects (cca up to 50 tags).
Very important thing is that if you can choose, choose M340, it is two light years better PLC than Twido, just not comparable.