panelview32 to FactoryTalk SE station

angi

hi guys

a question about how to convert RSView32 to FT SE Station:
the system on the floor is runing RSView32, we do not have the oringinal code for RsView32, how hard to convert it to FT View SE Station? could we do that if we do not have the code?

Thanks

hi guys

a question about how to convert RSView32 to FT SE Station:
the system on the floor is runing RSView32, we do not have the oringinal code for RsView32, how hard to convert it to FT View SE Station? could we do that if we do not have the code?

Thanks

What to you mean that you don't have the origianl code? RSView32 doesn't compile anything. If it's running now, you have the code.

thanks JK

you know we need apa. file if we want to update FT Me, so I am thinking about whether we need a oringinal code of RSview32(which is running now, but we do not have a backup code file)if we want to update it to FT view SE station.

thanks

For RSView32 just copy the whole project folder. It won't let you copy everything if it's running though. You can ZIP the folder if need be. There was a View32 Transport utility usually installed with View32. I never used it much since Zipping it did the same thing.

Hi Jk

Do you have any experience to convert RSView32 to FT SE Station? Does AB provide any tools to do this job?

Thanks

Yes, I did one last year. Inside of Studio, when you create a new HMI server, you can import a View32 project. It works pretty well with a few exeptions. VBA code in Se resides on a screen, not on the server. Some types of trends are not supported and will need to be recreated. There is a good whitepaper on the RA website outlining these things.