PanelView 1000 (old PanelView32) Comm Prob

steveb55

Hi Guys...

Got an issue communicating with an old (unsupported) PanelView 1000. Tried both USB converter and actual RS232 port (yes, printer setting is disabled). Strange thing is... when doing an auto config via USB converter, it auto config's at 19200. What? The PV is set to 9600. Anyway, after the autoconfig the node can be seen, but when trying to download it chokes on the first step of trying to identify the PanelView. We have just tried deleting and reinstalling the serial port to make sure nothing is using it, but we cant try it for another couple hours.

As always... Thanks for any assist.
Steve

Communicating through the printer port. The first time I tried I used the same RS232 cable I use to communicate with the SLC 500s. If you made that same mistake then you need to buy or build a cable. I've seen something similar as far as the com speed goes on the printer port. The default comm is 9600 yet when I auto connect it says 19200. I don't understand why but it works for me.

Worst comes to worst get a PCMCIA card and transfer that way.

Please provide the complete catalog number of your Panelview.
Also tell us more about your USB to serial adapter (brand/model number)