CBLSK000 Cable

cI purchase a cable CBLSK000 which I cannot download my program in an AB 1100. Can anyone with this cable comfirm that there is a connection between PC pin #2 to HMI pin #7? My cable does not show this connection doing a continuity test. All other connections seem to be okay. Just want to verify this before asking for a replacement. Thanks!

After looking at the G304K manual (07040), the comm port diagram shows pins 7 and 8 as a pair. If HMI pin 8 is connected to PC pin 3, then, HMI pin 7 should be connected to PC pin 2. If HMI pin 8 is not connected to PC pin 3 then this guess would be just a guess.
Of course, I could be wrong about this since I don't have a cable to test this theory.

Last edited:
You shouldn't be trying to download to a 1100 with a Red Lion cable. You should be using a AB PM02 cable. The Red Lion cable is so the HMI can talk to the PLC not you PC to PLC.

You shouldn't be trying to download to a 1100 with a Red Lion cable. You should be using a AB PM02 cable. The Red Lion cable is so the HMI can talk to the PLC not you PC to PLC.

Correct but... part number is 1761-CBL-PM02 or USB-1761-CBL-PM02

I have them both (serial and USB) here www.plccable.com

True, though I always just call you and say I need 10 serial PM02. Then a few days later they show up at the shop. I don't have to know the entire part number. I have a great supplier that takes care of me ;)

BTW I found 2 high quality USB to DB 9 serial cables yesterday in one if my gang boxes, I thought I gave them all away. It was like Christmas.

I am not trying to download to the AB1100 with the CBLSK000 cable I am trying to download to the G304K with Crimson 3 software. This is a 3 way cable which attached the PC to HMI to the PLC. Red Lion is telling me that I need a connection between PC#2 to HMI#7.

Do you have RS Lind running a DF1 driver? If so stop it and try again.
You can always check the cable pin out. I have seen new cables bad from some other compani

RSLinx is not running. Hard to believe no one has a CBLSK000 and a DVM to let me know if there is continuity between PC#2 and HMI#7 on the CBLSK000 cable. There is a replacement being shipped to me but it will be least 3 weeks.

RSLinx is not running. Hard to believe no one has a CBLSK000 and a DVM to let me know if there is continuity between PC#2 and HMI#7 on the CBLSK000 cable. There is a replacement being shipped to me but it will be least 3 weeks.

Have you called Red Lion?

You can get the pinout out of the Red Lion manual for the HMI. if I had the time I would stop and ring them out for you. I can't stop working in billable hours sorry.