Weigh Belts

Theboss

Looking at a weigh belt, am i correct in saying if i placed a 20kg weight on it during calibration, it should indicate 20Kg/m ???

or depending on the length of the weighing device, eg. if it's 4m in length then it should indicate 5Kg/m ??? 20/4 = 5

or depending on the length of the weighing device, eg. if it's 4m in length then it should indicate 5Kg/m ??? 20/4 = 5
What weighing device do you use? and how do you calibrate? I think it depend of length between rollers, if length between rollers is 4 meters - sensitive part of weighing roles will be 2 meters before and 2 meters after.

Calibration is done by doing an auto zero, with belt running empty then span cal is performed by placing a test weight on frame of the laodcell to simulate a load...

When you put 20 kg on the belt and you have the belt running it should say 20 kg/minute or whatever the scale is.
It depends on the speed of the belt.

No! its 20kg/meter... im just trying to figure out the correct t/h when doing a span calibration with test weight off 20Kg... but that's incorrect lol. so when i put the 20kg test weight it should indicate 20kg / length of weighing device(eg. 4 meters), final outcome should display 5kg/meter ??? correct me if i am incorrect ?

20kg/ 4 meters = 5kg/m

Last edited:
Calibration is done by doing an auto zero, with belt running empty then span cal is performed by placing a test weight on frame of the load cell to simulate a load...
The key is using the correct calibration procedure. If (during calibration mode), the 20 kg test weight is applied evenly OVER ENTIRE LENGTH, then your output should be 20 kg per meter.

On the other hand, if the test weight is only read ONE time, then it would be divided by total length. I doubt if this is the case (otherwise they would not have you place the weight on the load cell, but instead place it on the belt).