FTView Parameter File Constants

junior

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to enter constants into a parameter file? For example #1=5 so everywhere I use the placeholder #5, the numeric display would show 5.

TIA
Jr.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to enter constants into a parameter file? For example #1=5 so everywhere I use the placeholder #5, the numeric display would show 5.

TIA
Jr.

I haven't tried this but couldn't you....

Set up a tag in the tag database with a constant value(say with a tagname of "Five"), and then have the placeholder (say #5) = the tagname "Five"

Let me know if this is not clear & I will post a screen shot later on

Thanks for the response, that's what I was thinking, but I was hoping there was a way to enter the constant directly into the parameter file and not having to use the tag database. The issue I have is that I have 15 screens with the same graphical objects (40 objects per screen) but the objects are going to have different values depending if it's screen 1 or screen 2 etc..., but I also have graphical objects that will need different tags from the plc depending on which screen the user is

I was hoping to use parameter files with constants and load them up as the user moved from screen to screen.

Is this ME or SE? If it's SE, the only way I know is to write some screen VBA code which could interpret the parameters as contants.

Unless I'm not seeing something, it sounds to me like a typical use of indirect addressing. Create 40 tag arrays, each with 16 places, and copy the data from the associated array locations to each of 40 HMI tags.

Steve

No, sorry, I'm not talking about the tag database in the HMI. I would do all of it in the PLC and let the HMI simply monitor a single set of tags on a single screen.

Steve