Programming Mitsubishi Melsec FX2N ?

Christian_IA

Hi all.

I have aquired a Mitsubishi Melsec FX2N-32MR and some extension modules and would like to get some PLC programming experience :)

Even thou I'm an pretty experienced embedded software developer I haven't very much experience with PLC's so I have a couple of questions.

Are there any free or cheap software development tools that I can use instead of buying the rather expensive Mitsubishi GX Developer ?

I also have a FX2N-485-BD extension board, can I connect the pc used for developing the software via this or do I need the serial cable with the round 8-pin PS/2 like plug ?

I haven't got an EEPROM board, do I need that for storing software in the controller ?

Regards

Christian

You can get a demo version here, limited to 1000 steps, that is more than enough to learn with.
"http://meau.com/eprise/main/sites/public/Downloads/-search_results?SType=0&DocType=035&SessionNum=&UserID=&Division=00015&Opt1=Yes&submit1=Search&Family=0001520010&Series=000152001020040"

You don't need the EEPROM to run or store, that is optional for backup.

You will need the SCO9 cable for programming, you may be able to find a schematic somewhere online.

Good Luck,
tommy23t

Does not look like it has a time limit- only steps.
That is a RS432-485 (I think) converter cable. The connector is an 8 pin mini din, but you have to look closely as to the configuration as there are different styles (keys or reliefs in places)

the link doesn't work, I just come to some japanese site :)
can you mail me the software ?
do you know if I can use the rs485 interface I have attached on top of the plc ?

I'm not sure with that demo software, but I think you arn't allowed to upload/dload to/from the plc either.

But you can find SC09 cable copies on ebay very cheaply

Hi Ronnie.
I will look for such cables and eventually see if the demo version has that limitations, but thank you very much for pointing it out for me.
/Christian