Message from Micrologix to Controllogix over Ethernet Help

lunenburger99

Sorry I posted before I was finished.
I am trying to read a data table in a Micrologix over ethernet from a Controllogix.
I set up the table N11 in the Micrologix with 20 words.
I then set up a 20 integer read tag in the Controllogix (Micrologix_Rd_Data)
I can see both processors over RSLinx.
But the message never shows done and I am getting error 16#001f (see attached pics)
Do I need to do any programming in the Micrologix?
I am also going through a couple of fibre switches with IP's (see attached pic)
There is also a message to a PLC on the same ethernet card and that one is working fine.
Any ideas?

Are you trying to READ a data table FROM a ML, or WRITE to a data table IN a ML?
Let's remember we are "talking RA"!:D

Last edited:
Error code 0x0204 is an ordinary connection timeout; it means the target device didn't respond at all.

Although the CIP Path looks correct to me, try adding a "1, 0" at the end. It can't hurt.

I would connect a PC to the same switch as the ControlLogix and see if I could PING (or use the excellent TCPing utility to Port 44818) the MicroLogix 1400, or see if it shows up in a web browser from there.

If the problem were with data tables or source/destination files, the error code would be different.

It looks like the ML is not on the same subnet as the 1756-ENBT.
What is the IP address of the Logix bridge?

Thanks for the replies,

@dmargineau
IP addresses are on the Network1.bmp I attached

Clogix Enet card is 192.168.60.16
Mlogix is 192.168.60.152

I am just trying to read the N11 data table in the Mlogix

@Ken
if you look at the Network1.bmp I can plug the computer into the Cisco switch and see both processors over RSLinx
I will add the 1,0 and try to ping

Thanks so much

In my browser Network1.bmp doesn't show the ENBT address, however, it states that the bridge resides in Slot 1 of the Logix chassis (and it is on the same logic subnet as the ML).
If this is the case I would try the following comms path:
"1,1, 192.168.60.152" (go to backplane, go to Slot1, go to 192.168.60.152)

or:

"1, 192.168.60.16, 192.168.60.152"

Wow found the problem....
If you look closely at the comms1.bmp
I had 192.163..... not 168

10 years I have been doing PLC programming and this had me stumped.

Thanks for the help

BTW... Having Ken Roach answer my thread is like my teenage daughter meeting Justin Beiber!