Factorytalk View ME 6.1

gztzg

I am developing a HMI project using FT view machine edition 6.1 in win7 64 bit operation system. The generated 6.0 run time file is to be downloaded to a PV+ 1500 6.0 version. I don't have that PV+ with me now and I am not sure if 6.1 64bit development will work on the PV+ 6.0 . Should I switch to FT view 6.0 windows 32 bit environment for development now? I would appreciate if someone could share his/her experience here.

You will have no problem developing with 6.1 for any version of PanelView Firmware. When you make a runtime to load into them, you can specify the firmware revision. So if your PanelView has V4.0 installed in it, you specify 4.0 when you make the runtime.

The only real issue with 6.1 + 64 bit has to do with transferring application from a 64 bit machine to a 32 bit machine for development purposes. I hear that this is not possible, it can only be edited on another 64 bit machine. I have no direct experience with this issue though, we opted to keep our development environment 32bit (using a virtual machine).