Wireless remote switch

1MoCast

Has anyone used any remote control sender/ receiver relay that they can recommend?
Here’s the application…
Corporate hired some Six Sigma Black-Belt Ninja Delta Force consultants to improve our productivity. They determined that there is one too many people on this line, but the operator would need help occasionally. They proposed a signaling device to other employees on the same line but in different rooms. No problem, except they want a “call” button here…and there… oh! and one over there…and it would be nice if we… All I could think about is all of the stainless steel enclosures, Rob Roy conduit and the weekends of work this will take.
Well, it just so happened that I had recently been checking into a key fob-style remote for my trolling motor and I slipped up and made the suggestion we try a similar remote for the panic button. Now I need to make it happen.
I am looking for something fairly small and compact (like the key fob on cars) with a receiver that I can close a relay contact to get into one of the nearby PLCs. It has to be rugged enough to withstand a food-grade industrial environment. I am hoping one of you has some recommendations.

We have been using devices from these guys http://www.rcsremotes.com/index.php
Our application is dosing wine barrels with SO2 so yes it's a wet environment. Have the receivers in a NEMA 4X fiberglass box, have not had many problems. Basically a garage door opener circuit.

http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk/acatalog/Hornet_Remote_Control_Systems.html
I can reccomend the Hornet range from RF solutions. It says 150m (Better models are available) - we use several wireless fobs to start a central fixed vacuum system - but the fob will work anywhere in the building AND there are lots of stainless steel vessels.

And they are made in the UK!!!

You can "Pair" several fobs to one reciever.

Last edited:
I have installed 10 of these systems in a plant recently, they work extremely well. Documentation for Programming and installation could be improved. On button can control multiple panel mount receivers. You can also get a repeater to assist with difficult to communicate issues. I installed these units in plastic electrical enclosures and ensured that the mounting location was not on steel panels etc. I would definately use them again. Although pricy they are less expensive then installing conduit and pulling cables.