RSLinx Enterprise Device Shortcut Alarming

ras_roger

Lifetime Supporting Member
How do you configure a Alarm for a RSLinx Enterprise Device losing communication? Using ML 1400's just need a bit to monitor for a communicatin loss... Seems like it would be a simple thing but havn't found in any of the Rockwell Literature

Look in the diagnostics folder under your shortcut folder when you browse for tags. There's many tags there you could use for that status.

I have tried several of the @tags in the diagnostic folder. They all seem to be related to the PLC status not the link status..

I'm missing something here... It is a string value. If display it on a screen it wireframes like every other object. How do you alarm on a string?

You can create a derived tag and then use an expression: If @status = 'OK' then 0 else 1 for example.

I couldn't make that work but it got me to a point where I found something that would... If comm_err({[Plant_Lift]@Status}) Then 0 Else 1 Thanks for the help