1794-ADN Flashing I/O LED

rootboy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys,

We have a problem with a 1794-ADN module that is flashing its I/O Status indicator red.

This will flash for awhile and then the Mod/Net will turn red, then it will turn green again (as if it were trying to reset) and then do it all over again.

The original problem appears to be a bad output block in the group. We replaced it.

What we've done so far:

Replaced everything at this point. The ADN, the RTD block, the three output blocks, and the DC input block. And replaced the bases as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sounds like the ADN had 3 out put cards and 1 in put card attached to it.
When you replace the ADN you need to download the IO configuration to ADN. Then it knows what sort of modules are attached to the unit. If you have another ADN with the same IO configuration then you can replace it by just changing the Devicenet address. What is the fault code on the Devicenet Master?

Last edited:
Sounds like the ADN had 3 out put cards and 1 in put card attached to it.
When you replace the ADN you need to download the IO configuration to ADN. Then it knows what sort of modules are attached to the unit. If you have another ADN with the same IO configuration then you can replace it by just changing the Devicenet address. What is the fault code on the Devicenet Master?

Sorry about the extremely late reply. We have been buried here.

In the end we changed out the entire stick of I/O using ones we got from an unused machine. That still didn't fix it, so we replaced the DeviceNet scanner as well. That finally got things up and running.

Thanks,

John