Alen Bradley LED complex blink

michalis95

Hello guys, how are you? I need help with rslogix 500, I am trying to program the following:

O:0/0 --> My LED light
B3:0/0 --> My input
B3:0/0 -- is a pushbutton

Basically I want this : when the input is switched on, the LED light will light for 2 seconds then somehow the input (B3:0/0) turn back to 0 (open circuit)

How can I do that?

Figured it out:
Line 1 : XIC B3:0/0 OTL B3:0/1
Line 2 : XIC B3:0/1 BST OTE O:0.0/0 NXB XIC T4:1/DN OTU B3:0/1 NXB TON T4:1 1.0 2 0 BND

Last edited:
Since B3:0/0 is not an input, but a bitaddress, you could use latch and unlatch. To unlatch after 2 szconds, you'll need a timer. All this should have been obvious if you would have read at least the getting started or the manual.

Since B3:0/0 is not an input, but a bitaddress, you could use latch and unlatch. To unlatch after 2 szconds, you'll need a timer. All this should have been obvious if you would have read at least the getting started or the manual.

Hello and thanks for the reply. As you see, I've figured it out, and modified for everyone to use. My configuration is a bit different, I am using a pushbutton :

Rung 1 XIC I:0.0/2 OTL B3:1/1
Rung 2 XIC B3:1/1 BST OTE O:0.0/1 NXB XIC T4:3/DN OTU B3:1/1 NXB TON T4:3 1.0 2 0 BND

You don't need to be sarcastic, I am 15 and just started on PLC programming (2 days ago) I managed to connect my room lights and my own access control on it.

You don't need to be sarcastic, I am 15 and just started on PLC programming (2 days ago) I managed to connect my room lights and my own access control on it.
Your age wasn't shown, and in the case of questions of this kind, sarcasm is always what comes up first with me. I guess I'm a grumpy old dog, I have been teaching PLCs for too long and have seen too much lazy brats in my lifetime.

Congrats you've got this far in just 2 days. It must be true that youngsters learn faster than us old guys.

But a bit of a warning: if you're only 15 and you're already messing around with your room lights, you better be very carefull. If, what I think, your room lights are on the power grid, you're playing with fire. This can get very dangerous. You better keep on the safe side. I've already lost two of my friends because they didn't take enough care when working on electric circuitry.

Regards,