Mitsubishi FX2-64m / programming software

JohnRatHolten

hey all,

just got introduced to a piece of surplus equipment that my company bought, it has a Mitsubishi FX2-64M plc in it.

unfortunately, in my 20+years of industrial control, I've not had the pleasure of working with one of these.

I'm trying to find programming software & a interface cable.

A search on the web hasn't brought me much except this forum, hoping someone out there has knowledge of this dinosaur...

regards,
JohnR

Last edited:
Dave,

Thanks for the input, I've now done some research on the web for this GX Developer and SC-09 cable, and all I can say at this point is "wow", all this just to access an archaic plc.......

simple piece of equipment, half a dozen inputs, a dozen outputs, looks like I'll be be rewriting this into A-B Micrologix

Dave,

I've now done some research on the web for this GX Developer and SC-09 cable, and all I can say at this point is "wow", all this just to access an archaic plc.......

simple piece of equipment, half a dozen inputs, a dozen outputs, looks like I'll be be rewriting this into A-B Micrologix

Not to be a wise guy but you will need a piece of software and a cable to access any PLC, including Micrologix, except the fact that even if you already have the software and cable the Micrologix will probably cost you more than the Mitsubishi software and cable.

Just my 2 cents.

-Dave

Dave,

Naw, I didn't take it as you being a wise-guy.....

that's my point, I have software/program cable for A-B Micrologix and ControLogix, as well as Unitronics, Omron, Pro-Face, Directsoft, Telemechanic, and Crouzet.

pretty simple machine, I can re-write logic for it in something that is familiar and sustainable instead of going through all this mishi-bishi rigamarole just to access some little obsolete plc.

my original inquiry was just to find out what it took to access it, I had hoped there would be some old simple (dos even) programming software for this, instead I find some big programming suite (the demo is so humungous that the download is broken into 5 chunks, took about 3 hours to download just 1 chunk), apparently it program's most anything made by them, kinda over the top.....

the cable on the other hand is quite ridiculous in price, I guess because it has a built opto-isolator?

anyway, just doesn't seem to be worth it to me just to access one little old plc.....

JohnR