mitsubishi FX2

indra

Dear Sir,
We have PLC module old type that consist 3 ( three types ), all of these are linked with flat cable.

FX2-64MR + FX-48ER + FX-16EYR

I think these 3 ( three ) types are DISCONTINUE.
Please help me to get the DIRECT REPLACEMENT TYPES for existing old each types and we just want to PLUG and PLAY for the new types replacement.

INDRA

Replace all with The FX2N range these are almost identical in operation it should be easy to convert the program as if no special processing is used you should be able to just change the plc type in the project.
I believe all FX instructions are identical but you must change all modules.
i.e FX2N-64MR Not sure about the extension modules but as the I/O is fixed per module even if a 48 point module is not available then combinations of I/O modules should make no difference.
Although the FX2N is still current it may be worth it to upgrade to FX3U instead.
I'm afraid that none are directly plug & play the nearest is FX2N

Last edited:
I replaced a FX2N with a FX3U. I took out the connector rack and switched hardware and just downloaded the program. I only had to change the PLC type. Worked fine. FX3U is the latest.

Nice to know that the FX3U can be used directly I have a few FX & 2N that will need replacing although there will be some complications no doubt, We also have some A1S to replace & hopefully these can be replaced directly with the Q series
But again some modules may not be directly compatible

Dear Sir,
We have PLC module old type that consist 3 ( three types ), all of these are linked with flat cable.

FX2-64MR + FX-48ER + FX-16EYR

I think these 3 ( three ) types are DISCONTINUE.
Please help me to get the DIRECT REPLACEMENT TYPES for existing old each types and we just want to PLUG and PLAY for the new types replacement.

INDRA

FX2N works just fine, you just need to change PLC type in GX Developer. The first thing you have to do is to check the run switch (i think there's one dedicated input in FX2 to run the PLC) and do some program modification if needed. Second thing is to re-wiring (a little bit) the output common.

Nice to know that the FX3U can be used directly I have a few FX & 2N that will need replacing although there will be some complications no doubt, We also have some A1S to replace & hopefully these can be replaced directly with the Q series
But again some modules may not be directly compatible

just sharing my experience,
I ever had some upgrade from A series,
the machine uses some kind of timed-input-scanning method.
And the whole program cycle is about 20ms.
I upgraded to Q series, which is far more powerful and faster, and the result is input won't respond. The input indicator shows no error (turns on, turns off normally), but it seems that the program did not "get" it.
I changed the constant scanning parameter to 20ms, and ta da... it WORKS!!

There is a high speed counter card used but I would probably use the high speed inputs instead even though it would mean moving inputs about.
There will probably be other problems like computer link to S500 inverters so maybe will use Q series as most cards on A series have a Q equivalent.