Logging with crimson

Nick517

Does anyone know how to add a comment to a log file. Ideally I want to add a comment from the GUI and have it write to the log file.

Yes I seen that there was a function called this but I can t find any help or tutorials on how to set it up.

I want to know how I can write to a string tag on the GUI and have it put as a comment in a log file. How to reference the specific log file and line that the comment is to go into .

Create a string and add it to the log. Now the string can device changed as a regular tag.

Enable Comments in your log file

Trigger the LogComment function from a button or trigger. The first argument is the log index and the second argument is the string you want added to the log.

Similar Topics

Hi Everyone, Got a new project and the specs call for me to log about 6 Real Tags every 15 minutes. Normally this is a very easy to do in...
Replies
Views
Currently, I am triggering the data using a bit and collecting the data values each and every time the data is triggered and every mid-night new...
Replies
Views
I am building a program for a load-out station. When the flow meter kicks on it will start tracking how much the truck loaded. Then when the flow...
Replies
Views
Greetings PLCS.net Community! :thumb: I've been a lurker here for a little while, and I've already found tremendous value in the posts I've...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for some guidance on how to set up the Triggered snapshot logging feature. I want to take a snapshot log of 6 tags at the end of...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom