Data logging File in Crimson 3.0

gzPLC

Currently, I am triggering the data using a bit and collecting the data values each and every time the data is triggered and every mid-night new file is created.

When I open that file I see the file starts from 12:00 AM and goes to 12:00 AM next day (Midnight to midnight). But my production shift runs from 4:00 AM to next day 4:00 AM.

Is there any way I can get a file which records and shows data from 4 to 4?

Thanks!

That is something I have never really thought about. I looked and didn't see anything in the software where you can specify a starting time for a log. Can you send a screen shot of how you have the log set up? It might help.

It depends on the number of times the log trigger bit is triggered in that batch.
it varies from 120-190 samples per file.

Sorry but every direction I think to turn I end up with a dead end. It may be just how Red Lion set up the logging to work based on a midnight to midnight time frame. Maybe someone else will have a better idea. Have you tried to contact Red Lion with your question? Their support is pretty good and they may have a idea that will help you.

With the built in logger, I think you are stuck with the new file every midnight thing. Many years ago, I did some logging using my own Crimson program, but ran into issues (probably things that could have been fixed) so I reverted back to using the built in logger and the FTP tools to change the file name and combine the files I wanted to get my shift data together in single files.

What you want to do is likely possible, but will require some extra work and trial to get it right.

I was hoping Paul would chime in and fill in the blanks. That is something that Red Lion should look into. A way to set the start and end time for a log. Seems like something simple to do.