Function Block with RS Logix 5000

amgc5

A
Hi!

I have this question about programming in function block on the RS Logix 5000. My algorithm basically computes new values that are fed back into the system..at which point I want the old values in the function block to be cleared. Say like the enable out. The manual states that if the inputs are a zero the outputs arent UPDATED. What would be the best way to "clear" bits at the end of a cycle( the CLR instruction isnt available in function block)

You are statring to discover the funny things about IEC. Good luck. There is alot to to be said about ladder as opposed to IEC langueges.
beerchug

You could possibly use a SELECTOR to switch between your calculated output and zero.
There is alot to to be said about ladder as opposed to IEC langueges.
Ladder is an IEC language.
Knowing when and why to use one of the other languages only comes with experience and if you never try them out, you'll never get the experience.