PV550 Error 24

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a 2711-K5A2 (PV550). When I power it up (with no connection other than power) I get error 24 (Performed CRC base firmware check). The screen just stalls there on that check all will not continue.

Just prior to the fault I had went into configuration mode and changed the max node number from 32 to 3. The PV was set to node 2. I had also been attempting to connect through the using pass-thru on a SLC503. After re-booting this error then began occurring. It will not accept entry into config mode in this state.

Has anyone been able to recover from this? Is it still possible to recover the application on the HMI (I was trying to upload it because it does not exist anywhere else)? Is the firmaware and the application both stored on the same memory?