FactoryTalk v5.00 to 5.1 upgrade

Auto_Mate

Hi everyone.

Our site laptop died and so we re-installed FactoryTalk Development s/w from CD and got it reactivated.

Loading in our backup files for projects they will not open and we get the message 'not a valid file'. Talking with Rockwell Support, it looks like we had updated our v5.00 to v5.1 and so need to do the same.

Our support agreement ran out, so we can't download the update again :( All we want to do is change a sampling time so don't really want to pay for a full years service support just to get a simple update file!

Anybody know where we might be able to download to update file from?

Many thanks in advance.

You should find someone with a valid license in your area and hire them for time and materials. Are you dealing with PC or server based applications and/or Panelview Plus apps?

At some point you will need to pay them in order to regain editing capability for some other reason.

Then what? Switch brands or pay the support contract seem to be the main options.

Hi OkiePC - thanks for the advice. Most companies locally uses Siemens and WinCC based systems, a lot of times that's due to poor AB support and the high costs associated with it. From personal experience I gave up several times with queries on FTView as it was so 'quirky' that tech support couldn't help. RSView32 was a completely different animal which was so easy to work with.

So probably we're stuck with signing up for a years support so we can change the time intervals for readings taken!