Omron JX inverter- reduce speed to programmed val.

arturnok

Hello Gentelmans,
In the begin, I'd like to thank you for help with my previous problem about external display to Omron JX inverter, finaly we have connected this one:
http://ditel.es/epicap.htm.
:site:

Now I have other question:
There is a motor connected to Omron JX inverter, speed adjusted by potentiometer, direction of the motor is only Forvard (connecting P24 with '1' in the multifunction inputs)

What I want to do is, when the motor is running with any speed, to reduce the speed to a programmed limit for example 10Hz after giving a signal.
In practice, the signal it will be a security switch NC in the protection door.
This signal will cancel a potentiometer and will reduce a speed for programmed limit.

I was looking in the manual, and there are possibility to use the programmed multifunction inputs, but for now I don't have idea from where I can start..
And I'm not sure if it is possible.

Please anyone help me to get more light on this dark way.. :oops:

Regards

Look at the "Force Terminal Block" setting (51) for the multi-function inputs. That should do what you want.
I have used it for that purpose in the 3G3MX2, but never tried it in a 3G3JX.

Thank you mendonsy,

So I have a run command and frequency reference connected to the terminal ( contact to run the motor Forvard and the potentiometer to adjust the speed). I don't know if I understand well the manual, but says:
"This function forcibly switches to operation via the terminal block by turning on/off the multi-function terminal if the frequency reference/RUN command sources are not set to the terminal block."
When the function is ON, sets the terminal active ( my contact- Run & potentiometer works)
When is OFF the inverter goes to the values sets previously.
In that way, I must to adjust the parameter A001 (frequency reference) =00 (Digital Operator (FREQ adjuster) which is situated in the inverter.
then adjust frequency to f.ex. 10Hz. It will be my reduced speed.

If it is as I understand, I think will work, but there is another note:

"If you switch on/off this function during operation, the RUN command is reset to stop the Inverter.
Before resuming operation, stop the RUN command from each command source to avoid possible
danger and then input it again."

I don't want to stop the inverter. I want to reduce de speed. how to resolve this?

1. Put 10Hz in A021
2. Turn on input 5 (default = 2), or set another input to a 2

This will override the potentiometer.
thanks paraffin power. It is much more clear for me, anyway I'll try both metods. Just to practice :)

Hello Gentelmans, you are great.
Inverter is under control.

big beer for you (I pay :))🍻🍻
and everyone on this forum 🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

P.S. Another question:
It seems, that will be nececary to control other inverter (by the same switch).
Is it correct, if I connect from one side P24 of the both inverters together, and from the other side I connect each pin#5 from each inverter?
thanks.

Hello Gentelmans, you are great.
Inverter is under control.

big beer for you (I pay :))🍻🍻
and everyone on this forum 🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

P.S. Another question:
It seems, that will be nececary to control other inverter (by the same switch).
Is it correct, if I connect from one side P24 of the both inverters together, and from the other side I connect each pin#5 from each inverter?
thanks.
I have done that with the 3G3MX2 inverters, so I assume that it's OK to do it with the 3G3JX. I have a pump station where the PC terminal is connected to DC common on three inverters. The signals are connected from the P24 terminal through a CJ1W-OC201 isolated relay output card back to the inverter inputs. :site:

I have done that with the 3G3MX2 inverters, so I assume that it's OK to do it with the 3G3JX. I have a pump station where the PC terminal is connected to DC common on three inverters. The signals are connected from the P24 terminal through a CJ1W-OC201 isolated relay output card back to the inverter inputs. :site:
you mean one relay controls 3 inverters?
In my case it would be only one microswitch connected to 2 inverters.

you mean one relay controls 3 inverters?
In my case it would be only one microswitch connected to 2 inverters.
No.
I am using an Omron CJ2 PLC with a relay output module to control the run signals to three inverters. The same PLC also has an analog output module to control the speed of each inverter.

One more thing. It's OK to tie one side of the 24vdc power supplies together on both inverters, but you should use isolated contacts to switch the other side of the supply back to the inverters. NEVER tie both sides of the two inverter power supplies together.

One more thing. It's OK to tie one side of the 24vdc power supplies together on both inverters, but you should use isolated contacts to switch the other side of the supply back to the inverters. NEVER tie both sides of the two inverter power supplies together.

OK. So I'll connect everything via PLC. It'll be the best and secure way to control all inverters.

regards!