Pneumatic Valve

dwpang

Hi may I know where I can get pneumatic valves which can receive input signal from PLC and also give output signal back to PLC?

cause currently my pneumatic valves are only receiving input signals, and I forgot to on the air supply and the inability to read feedback signals cause some problems to the system.

thanks.

What pneumatic valves are you using at the moment?

Most pneumatic valves will have an option to add a sensor for feedback, but it all depends on the manufacturer.

I use Alpha-Laval for all of my valve needs, and these come with a number of options to give feedback to a PLC etc.

Mark

Hi for my pneumatic actuator i am using Air Torque.

There is also attached solenoid valve for electrical input, using AirTec Series KN-05 Standardized Valve, with an attached solenoid.

I think they do not have options to give feedback to PLC

Add a pressure switch to the main air supply. You can use the NPN output for a simple 'air is on' signal. You could also display incoming air pressure on the HMI.
There are many manufacturers that make this type of switch. This one is from Automation Direct.

The KN-05 doesn't have a feedback option. You wouldn't want that on the pilot valve anyway.
Air Torque has optional position switches. See the last photo on this page. It looks like an open/closed sensor.

Last edited: