PLC Interface with Two HMI

gibson

Hello ,
I am currently working with MicroLogix 1200 and i need to connect the plc with Two Different HMI (panelview-c600 & pannelview-c1000) but i discovered that the plc is provided with only one HMI communication Port , so i tried to get an Port Splitter -DPS2-1747 but its not available in India at present :eek: , so please help me out in an alternative with this problem , urgent solution required.
TIA.

Last edited:
You could use a net eni module to convert 1200 communications port to Ethernet and then connect HMI's with a small hub

Thanks For the Reply ,
I am thinking of Using MGate EIP3170 Series DF1 to EtherNet/IP gateways , will this work in solving my problem .

I would use a net-ENI module on any Micro Logix. EtherNet is wide open, free protocol. This way you get away from all the expensive AB comm options. Use a hub (Phoenix makes a good industrial hub or Weidmuller makes a cheap DIN mount 4 port) and there you go ... fast communication with not too much money added.

honestly, i would look into just replacing the aging Micrologix 1200 with an Micrologix 1100. The 1100 isn't much more than the 1761-net-eni and you get so much more with the 1100.

honestly, i would look into just replacing the aging Micrologix 1200 with an Micrologix 1100. The 1100 isn't much more than the 1761-net-eni and you get so much more with the 1100.
+1 as long as the base I/O and 4 expansion modules fits your needs

saw long time ago PLC5/40e with 1 RIO rack connected to phoenix serial to DH485 converter but did not get to see how 2 PVP1000 HMI was connected. any ideas except for ethernet?but I think they went e-net due to speed. thanks :)

Last edited:
EDIT saw long time ago PLC5/40 with 1 RIO chassis connected to phoenix serial to RS 485 converter but did not get to see how 2 PVP1000 HMI was connected. any ideas except for ethernet?but I think they went e-net due to speed. thanks :)

In the program it had channel 0 as USER(ASCII),ch 1A configured as DH+, ch 1B as RIO scanner.but correct me if im wrong(which is the case) the 25-pin port,ch0 of the main chassis was connected to the converter then the RIO chassis was also connected via RIO adapter(1771-asb) using blue,clear,shield wire. I think it is possible to also connect the 2 PVP using only the PSM-ME-RS232,485-P converter and without the use of a ethernet hub.

If both your HMIs support DH485, the Micrologix could be configured for that protocol and the proper modules installed, but I would go ethernet. If you want quick, compact and proven, the Digi One IAP is better than the NET-ENI, and you could get away with two of them since one could bridge an HMI to the ML1000 serially, but it would be cleaner to put each device on Ethernet.

If your HMIs both support Ethernet, then one Digi'll do ya'.