Anyone used the RSLinx Classic API/SDK?

sanger

I'm developing a C# application that will collect data via RSLinx. I have done this before using OPC but for this application I would prefer that the user not have to go into RSLinx and set up OPC Topics, etc.

Ideally I would like the program to be able to browse through the available PLC nodes (similar to RSWho view) and drill down into the tag lists. Is this possible through the RSLinx SDK? Are there any other API's other than the RSLinx SKD?

Speaking of the SDK, is this even available to end-users or do you need to be a Rockwell partner to get access. I've been unable to find any information on the Rockwell site about it.

Thanks.