kevalvakani

HELLO FRIENDS
I AM TRYING TO COMMUNICATE MICROLOOGIX-1400 SERIALLY USING ITS DB-9 PORT
I HAVE MADE A CABLE WHICH IS

PLC(COM PORT) COMPUTER(COMPORT)
2------------------------3
3------------------------2
5------------------------5

BUT THIS IS NOT WORKING CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??

IS MY CABLE CONNECTION WRONG IF YES THEN PLEASE TELLL ME THE CORRECT CONFIGURATION

WAITING FOR THE REPLY
KEVAL VAKANIo_O

That should work. Tell us more about how you are trying to communicate. Does your PC have a real serial port or are you using a USB to serial adapter?

RsLinx settings and what driver are you using? Do you know how the port on the PLC is configured?

I am using rslinx v2.57 version and i am using the serial cable with db-9 connectoers not the usb to serial cable
i am attaching the print screen of my setting

i can also see the node-00 when i will take the driver AB-DF1 AND THEN CLICK THE WHOS ACTIVE GO ONLINE

I AM ALSO ATTACHING THE PRINT SCREEN OF IT

ML1400.jpg ML1400-1.jpg

Last edited:
Is anything else normally connected to the port? It is possible someone has configured the text for something other than the default driver.

I would try connecting via Ethernet and uploading the program to view the serial configuration.

atually i can go online using the ethernet communication it is working fine but i want to go through serially cable(RS-232 PORT) only because i want to communicate my PLC with other microcontroller
i have tried to read the manual but they have only written about channel-0 not channel-2
is there anything in ML-1400 that i have to change my configuration if i have previously go online through Ethernet??
i am really confused???

waiting for your reply
keval vakani

Go online with your Ethernet connection. Go to communication settings from the project tree and see what the settings for channel 0 are. Either post a screenshot or let us know.