Omron Profinet - Smart Slice alarming

NJC123

Hello all,
Could anyone help with some advise on generating comms alarms on a Omron Profinet network. I’ve got a CJ2M Omron PLC with several remote RIO units (GRT1-PNT) connected with various I/O slices fitted to each.
At present everything is working fine, but I would like to monitor comms and controller status, any ideas?
I’ve been trying to use the Omron function block "_Slice227_GetAlarmStat" however this is giving me the FINS error code 0401, which means (04) Service unsupported, (01) Undefined Command.
Thanks

I am not familiar with Profinet but Omron normally supply a heap of status words for their comms cards - check the manual.
I have been using Ethernet IP and there are a load of bits showing PLC not in run mode, loss of comms etectera - I imagine that the same would apply for the Profinet card.

Hello Bobb,
Thanks for your reply, your right there are lot of status bits for this comms card. I’ve identified the bits to indicate there is a problem with the RIO units. I’ll use these for the moment, however you should be able to read error codes for each of the smart slices on a RIO, I’ll give it another if I get the chance.
In case anyone is interested check the manual: W12E-EN-02+CJ1W-PNT21+OperManual, Page:64
The node number is set on front of the PNT21 card using the selector switch. If you have set this to 1, you need to look at CIO1534 for the Data Exchange status bits, bit 1 will equal RIO unit node address 1, etc.